2010/04/04

Bioshock Blues

  I finished playing Bioshock on the PC just a few minutes ago, and now I'm sad.  I always get a little sad when I finish a game.  I dragged this one out, too.  However, there are 3 different endings, and I've only seen one of them.  The thing that keeps me from going back and playing again is that the ending I got was pretty lame.  30 seconds of video that stuttered, and only left me with questions.  I suppose, that's why they made Bioshock 2.

   If you are not familiar with the game, it's pretty damned hard to describe.  I'm not going to bother.  There's plenty of info out there, so go look for yourself.  I will say that to this date, it's the best shooter I've ever played.  Very dark, disturbing, and it fucks with you right until the end.  I leaped out of my seat more times than I did playing the first Half-Life.  I finished all of the Half-Life 2 plus episodes and lost cost just a week before I started Bioshock.  I'm glad I did, because I would have been constantly comparing  them to each other, and having Bioshock come out on top.

   Now I have to decide:  Do I replay it two more times, changing my gameplay to see the alternate endings, or do I just go to Youtube, watch them, and get on with another game...Oh, man, it's hard being so lazy...

Addendum:  April 10, 2010 - almost done with my 2nd time through, and it's a whole new game.  Kickass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SOBER POSTING!
Unless something I said "fucked you up"