2010/03/17

Whack Me Wednesday!

   Holy crap, man.  Waht a frigged-up week.  I have pretty frequent computer problems.  This is mainly due to my overwhelming curiosity and experimentation than anything else.  Saturday night, I got tired of playing Bioshock, and wanted to check out an older game related to it.  Unfortunately, this game only runs on Win95.  It MAY run under XP, but it's almost not worth it.  I've been known to go to pretty extreme lengths to play old games.  I've even built custom computers out of old parts I store, and installed old operating systems gauged to the particular game I want JUST to play it.  Then, when I'm done, I disassemble the rig.  I've done this for several games.  One game was Toonstruck.  I HAD to play it, and it would only run on a particular video card, and operating system.  Luckily, I had both stored, and so...it was a great game.  Nowadays (is that a word?), I'm a little more lazy, and try to get them to work on XP.

   So, Saturday night, I tried to install a dual operating system (after a failure with a virtual PC) on my main box and CRASH.  Then, I spent most of sunday re-installing windows.  Well, I was in a hurry, and fucked it up.  That fucked up Monday night, because it took 4-5 hours.  Needless to say, I messed that up too.  For some reason, every night this week, when I tried again, I would do something wrong.  Install drivers in the wrong order, hit the wrong button, whatever.

Last night, I FINALLY got shit straightened out.

Tonight (St Patti's day, me boyo), I'm having a couple pints and catching back up to my game.

   For all of you gamers out there:  If you don't have 4-5 computers ready to go if you smoke your main one trying crazy shit, just stick to the new shit.  You will definitely miss out on some spectacular moments in gaming, but you won't fry your shit.

   Me, I'm not afraid of a little blue flame, and purple smoke burping out of my power supply...I've been there before, and I own a fire extinguisher.  DON'T BE A PUSSY!  TAKE THAT RISK!!

   Next week:  I try to play my old Aerosmith Quest For Fame.  I think I'm going to just build another relic rig, rather than shit on my new, clean OS.  I've just GOT to use this goddamn Virtual Pick, man. It's so cool... Where's my tennis racket?

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SOBER POSTING!
Unless something I said "fucked you up"