2010/03/25

Terrible Technology!

   With so much going on in the world, and so much communication, it's easy to feel overwhelmed by it all.  Sometimes, you just want to unwind, pop open a beer, and have a conversation with a complete stranger that may or may not share a common language with you.  Now, where in the hell would you go for something like that?  An airport bar?  Possibly, but silly.  A bar in a foreign country?  Definately, but a little more dangerous.  Maybe a forum or a chatroom?  Feh, too much flaming and stupid shit.  Although some forums only have 2-3 people ever posting on them, so it creates a kind of "inbred" and weird environment...
BUT, what if there was a website that you could go to, hook up your webcam, and randomly talk to all kinds of people at the push of a button?  Man, that would be AWESOME, right?
Say what?  What's a Chatroullete?  You mean, someone already DID that?  Hot damn. 
   I know, I'm a little late, but I try not to pay attention to this kind of silly shit, because I'm not THAT kind of guy.  No, not THAT kind of guy, I mean "social".  I'm NOT social by any means.  Humans are okay in very, very small doses.

   That said, even in small doses, people can be just too much.

   I went on Chatroullete last night for the first time because I was enthralled with a few videos I saw on Youtube.  There were a couple guys sitting with their instruments (piano, guitar, kazoo, etc), making up random lyrics in response to the people they "met" (allright, that's 3 quotation-thingys, I think I've made my quota for the month).  So very cool.  I laughed like crazy.  THEN, I saw some guy set up a pair of legs hanging from the ceiling with an overturned chair underneath it, and recorded the reactions.  You get it?  The funniest and sickest thing about that one is:  It could REALLY HAPPEN!  Shit, I'm surprised it hasn't already happened...  So, I tried it out.

   What should you be prepared for if you go there?  A lot of penises.  Seriously, 4 out of 5 "chatters" are either tossing off under their sheets or desk, or just fucking doing it full-frame.  No joke.  Heh, I saw ONE va-jayjay, though (and wish I hadn't)  But, I did end up having at least 3 conversations that were fun and harmless.  Only 3.

   Oh, you sick little monkeys...unleashed upon each other, armed with technology you barely understand. Technology which doesn't have a proper use.

   Because, if it turns out that the only use for webcams are showing your pathetic penis to strangers, I think you should be arrested just like the pathetic parasites that show their privates to children at the park.  Castrate your ass.  Me, I wasn't really offended.  I've seen plenty of dicks, and I am not afraid of them.  I won't hold any besides my own, and if you tried to put it inside of me, it would suddenly be missing; But, I'm not some innocent little shit with a webcam and ignorant parents.

   Well, now that I've decided to castrate a useless part of our population (with good reason), I can move on to the next problem.

   Hey, I just thought of something...I'm good at making ridiculous decisions that are impossible to implement!  I should run for office!  Nah, I don't care enough to do that.  I'm not greedy or egotistical enough.  Fuck, I'd probably end up pressing the button.

   Not THAT button....sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NO SOBER POSTING!
Unless something I said "fucked you up"